Saturday 21 September 2019

I've Been Challenged - FMF

My Five Minute Friday Check - In! Go.



The passed few months I've been challenged. At first I just started struggling to cope and feeling easily overwhelmed and tired. A trip to my doctor and she diagnosed me with adrenal fatigue. We had a frank chat about my life and she booked me off for a week. That week was truly a blessing, although it was hard at first. I'm intuitive by nature and I live very consciously, especially of my own feelings and thoughts. That week, I asked God to simply hold me, and not to give up on me. It was a simple and honest prayer. And I allowed my heart to lead. When my soul was telling me to rest, I rested. When it felt angry, I allowed myself the freedom to feel the intensity of it. I stopped stuffing feelings away and started paying attention, not surviving as we all do, when we have to routinely go to work, do our chores and our duties. I started paying attention. To myself. One of the biggest challenges has been realising that my own burn out is not caused by being overworked, or having too much to do, it's cause by my own internal desires to be the best I can be at everything. That perfectionist voice, keeps us from resting inside. No matter how many pockets of peace one takes, there comes a cloud, a voice always saying "get it right." I'm a lot better, but I'm still being challenged. Still figuring this out, still struggling at times. 

Stop!
Linking with Five Minute Friday
 

1 comment:

  1. Adrenal Fatigue can be quite a challenge! My daughter has it also. I would not even understand if it were not for her. She has also had a challenge as she raises 5 kids and deals with health issues. Life is hard and often a challenge, but if we know the Lord we can look to Him for our daily strength and guidance as to where to get the help we need. He does care. Praying you get better.

    ReplyDelete