Friday 7 June 2019

I Turn Inwardly and Ask

Five Minute Friday Post! Writing today on the writing prompt well for 5 minutes of unedited, free thinking and flowing writing! Here goes!



It is well with my soul. I imagine singing in a wooden pew among a gathering of like minded believers. Place my hand on my heart and sing about my soul, it is well. Yet, is it? I turn inward and ask her, how are you actually doing today?

She smiles back, thank you for asking. 

I pause in the moment, with myself, real and open. How are you doing? That makes my innermost being smile, thank you for checking in.

Slightly tired, sensing Gods goodness and Love. Exhausted in some ways, but eager for rest and peace. Imagining a retreat, lying in green fields and listening to sheep. These imaginings make my soul complete. So inwardly she answers me. I am slightly tired but hopeful, held upright because of Loves Grace. 

STOP!

Linking up with Five Minute Friday 
And The Grove
  

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written, and so full of faith! Grace sure does keep one upright.

    And, so, you inspired a sonnet. I hope that you enjoy it.

    I turn, and ask the man within,
    "How goes it with your soul?"
    The reply, "Cancer's gonna win,
    but in dying I am whole.
    The smallest things bless me now,
    and the flowers break the stone.
    Though I am a broken bough,
    I see the road leads Home."
    I should not be surprised at this,
    though consciousness fights on,
    but battle, when combined with bliss
    is Heaven's polyphon.
    The day will come when this in ended,
    and I shall go where all is mended.

    #2 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2019/06/your-dying-spouse-629-you-only-keep.html


    ReplyDelete