Friday 10 February 2017

Am I safe to you?

Five Minute Friday, a flash mob of bold writers writing their hearts out for five  minutes on a single prompt, this week it's safe... Here Goes....



It's a wooden dance floor, shiny and comfortable for little feet like mine. I'm gently barefoot, the way I like to be. We move and just like that the lights dim and the music is perfect. I close my eyes and He holds me close, embraced tightly and gently all at once. Shadows move across the floors, shadows of people I know, mere shadows but He is real. He holds my hand and our frame is locked. Gently, gently. 

Then He leans in right where I can feel His breath, "am I safe to you?" He asks me.

I am startled by the question I have often asked myself. Is my Saviour safe? I cannot lie about the doubt I sometimes feel. And I stand fully looking in to my heart, is God safe, does He have my best interest at heart? Am I absolutely sure I trust Him, am I absolutely able to let every guard down and be completely naked before Him, transparent, unhiding, unguarded, convinced even when the waves roar, that He is safe? My heart rests and breathes content, "I want you to be," I answer. Then He pulls me deeper in to His embrace in a gentle turn of the dance. And I pause to look at the shadows of people I know dancing around me and I wonder the same thing, is your God safe to you?

STOP Linking up with Kate M 

 Hey Guys, I'm writing over at Velvet Ashes this week on racial issues, reflecting on how the brave actions of one small child shifted fear and perception, join me to read out a Border Crossing

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Aliyah, this is beautiful! I love it. I'm working on my #FiveMinuteFriday post but not quite finished yet. Keep getting interruptions. :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gayl, thank you :) I love seeing you every week on FMF, I hope you are having an amazing weekend, much lv!!

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful and true, reminding me of the quote from Narnia that Kate used in her post. I linked up after you at FMF this week and am so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aliyah, thank you for letting us in on your intimate conversation with our Jesus. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pleasure Jody, so good to see you here. Much lv!

      Delete
  4. Hey Aliyah! You are such a gifted wordsmith. Beautiful! You've captured a wonderful blend of intimacy, strength, and passion in your post. Yes, He IS good and we CAN trust Him! "I've never seen the righteous forsaken."
    Trusting that you are well and enjoying 2017 so far. Lekker slaap, my friend.
    Shauna (your "fashionably late" neighbour, 8 hours away and posting waaaay over in #96 :)

    ReplyDelete