Friday 6 January 2017

FMF - I stood on the edge to Connect

First FMF for the Year! Lets go, writing on the prompt #connect!


 Snow settled in some parts, and everyone is snapping away. But down here South, here in Africa, we are summering it up, with soaring heat and fires. December was a movement of a month and connecting happened differently then expected. The first week of December we flew up North to be present at a old friends wedding. The beauty of the wedding struck me when we arrived on Friday (the day before the big day!) and we were surrounded by all the friends we have back home. They flew up too! And while we were there we sat breaking bread for our Friday night sabbath and we ate together. The sound of laughter, jokes and the steady flow of conversation was literally beautiful music. We spent moments connecting, hearing, listening, talking, engaging. On Saturday morning my husband and I checked in to the hotel where we were staying the rest of the weekend after a busy few days (we had arrived earlier in the week for ministry before the wedding, so we were tired!!). I took some time out for myself and walked out in to the big grass patch in front of our hotel. As I wandered on to the grass, a deep peace washed over me and when I peered down to where my feet were, I found myself standing on the edge of a circle in the green. I waited on the edge of the circle and then stepped in to it. I stood there, fully connected. Connected with God, with myself and with the realisation that it was the friends surrounding me and the community I found myself in that had given my spirit a refreshing hug or kiss of life. I stood in the circle looking down at my feet, allowing the tears to fall freely. I was embraced by the love I felt all around me. The love I felt in the friendships I was able to connect afresh with. Truth is, we all stay in the same suburb but we hardly ever see each other. The wedding was a wonder moment of connection, where we danced together and laughed together. It was a place of connecting. When we returned back home, connecting happened over a hospital bed, it happened when I shared the joy with my family, the joy of my baby nieces entry in to the world. Holding her I felt love surrounding me like a forcefield. Connection happened when she was a mere hour old and it happened in ways differnt then I expected and how grateful I am for that!
Stop! Linking over at Kate's

6 comments:

  1. I loved reading your take on Connect. You remind me of what happens when you truly connect with God's people, world, and him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you connected with friends at a wedding and then with your new born niece. What joy you must have felt. Thanks for sharing it so beautifully! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gayl, it was joy! BLessings and good to see you again!

      Delete
  3. "I waited on the edge of the circle and then stepped in to it."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me wonder what edges am I still on? Beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! Wow I never thought of it like that - perhaps we often stand on the edge of circles without knowing it - ! Food for thought :)

      Delete