Thursday 18 August 2016

It's a Girl! Now What?


The Nest is growing over at the family residence! And this week I'm reflecting on my brothers reaction to finding out he is having a girl soon! Enjoy!

When my brother and his wife announced their unexpected pregnancy, my family was shocked. My brother and his now wife have been together for fourteen years, got engaged in January, and married in June. A whole two months later, the couple announced that they were expecting a baby. Timing is a strange thing in their world, and given that they are both almost forty years old, we were rightly shocked. But after the shock wore off, excitement settled in. I immediately felt a strong protectiveness over this new life. I began to think about the sex of the baby and how that might affect the baby's life and experiences.
 
A month later, I received a phone call from my parents, brother, and sister-in-law, all screaming into the telephone, "it's a girl!"
I was convinced that a boy was on the way, and my brother was too. We were both wrong, but I immediately felt awe at the announcement. My brother on the other hand, was somewhat disappointed. He was expecting a boy. 
His fears and doubts about raising a girl became apparent after the announcement. The thought of bringing up a girl was very scary to him....

I'm writing over at my favourite place today, the CBE Scroll! This post is really special and personal to me, so come along and read the rest with me....
It's a Girl, Now What! 

Sharing over at The Grove 

No comments:

Post a Comment