Friday 13 March 2015

W.a.O featured Writer this Week - Jeri, a Story of Finding Yourself

Shalom All!

I hope you have been celebrating Women's Month somehow! In exactly one week, our book will be launched - if you have not read all about it yet, where have you been!! Well here is the link anway Windows Across Oceans Book

This week's featured writer is Jeri! Very much a like - minded sister, with a heart of compassion for Asia and for our daughters, sisters and mothers. Here is a bit more about Jeri....


I am a blessed mother of two beautiful daughters, and wife of almost 20 years. I grew up in the Ozarks but now live in the big city of Denver, Colorado….an urban country girl. When I am not playing taxi driver, entertainment coordinator, sports mom, or top chef to my family, I am a graphic designer by day and blogger by night (usually very late nights). I blog at Have Faith Everyday. I write about everyday adventures of my family, faith, God, Jesus, compassion, parenting, creative works, and sometimes food. As a graphic designer, I create designs that reflect my life, which is an ever-changing journey in faith, love and the spirit that guides me.

Last year I took a leap of faith and started a feature on my blog called Small Seeds...Growing in Faith and Compassion. Small Seeds are stories of real women who planted a seed of faith and watched it grow into something bigger than they ever imagined. Every big idea starts by doing one small thing, then another small thing, until that idea grows bigger than one ever dreamed. A small seed of faith was planted...one at a time. It takes hard work to grow small seeds, but it takes something even more valuable…faith. “Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20

I seek to use my words to encourage other women to have faith everyday.



Jeri's story has stayed with me, ever since I first read it in January. It's a heart confession of something that follows each one of us, the quest to find our own purpose and the question of do we really matter and how do we fit in? Do we need our name in lights to matter or can we love the days of small beginnings. The truth in the lines of Jeri's story is deep, I know it is going to speak to you in abounding ways!
 
"Discovering Yourself," by Jeri speaks to the heart cry of every woman to be loved and known by our Heavenly Father. No matter our circumstances, no matter what each of us have been through-whether it was our choice or something done to us-we all desire to be loved and to know our purpose in life. Our Father uniquely designed and destined each of us. It's His pleasure to reveal His love, plans and purposes to us--His precious daughters."

Reviewed by Rivkah Isaacs (formerly Heather Ferguson), Treasures of Glory Ministries. 

Happy Women's Month! Celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment