Friday 31 October 2014

FMF: Leave a Space for Them

Five minute Friday Post and I am writing with a tender heart today.
STart!!!

I still get the Rabbi's posts, I dont often read them because I left that life behind. But of course I am still Jewish and I love to know what my own people are doing. This week thousands of women around the world joined together and baked bread, not just any bread but challah. Thousands of them and thousands more joined together to keep Havdalah and all of it was inspired and spear headed by the Jews of South Africa. And for a minute I wondered, how it would be to be part of something that big and that meaningful and that special. But I can't go back, my husband reminded me. I can't go back because it is not my path anymore, years ago it was my time to leave I am no longer part of it, I cannot be - because I chose and keep choosing Yeshua my Christ. A Messiah they will not acknowledge and will not know and because I shine in His footsteps, because I am His Disciple and i am so in love with Him - they will not see me. And it is okay because I love them still, my blood is still Jewish and my heart is too. I am that Yiddishe girl who still loves to light Shabbat Candles and wear headcoverings and giggle with the girls online who just accept me. But sometimes, just sometimes I miss them. I miss the Shabbat family, I miss the warmth and the glow that is the Jewish community. I really miss them because as hard as it is I am still a Jew, just growing apart from my family. My family now are the believers who call Yeshua their own, except I struggle to find people who embrace each other in the community as tenderly as the Jews do. In those moments I hold on to this truth and final fact, so all Israel will one day come to know Yeshua and be saved (Romans 11:26)
STOP!
Linking up with Kate Motaung

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart! Keep pressing forward. Sending you a hug during this time :) Hoping you find the community that you miss. Blessings, Latonya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! We're neighbors in today's Five Minute Friday links so here I am. :) I can't help but be teary-eyed about what you've shared now. Such a lovely post, and I, too, share in your hope that all people, Jewish or not, will come to know the saving grace of Jesus our Lord. :)

    Be blessed today!

    Lynai
    http://lynaiwrites.luigiandlynai.net/2014/10/five-minute-friday-leave/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    We're neighbors in the FMF link so here I am. :)

    I am teary-eyed with your post and I, too, share in your hope that one day all people will come to know the saving grace of Lord Jesus.

    Be blessed today!

    Lynai
    http://lynaiwrites.luigiandlynai.net/2014/10/five-minute-friday-leave/

    ReplyDelete