Friday 10 October 2014

FMF - Because He cares for me

       Five Minute Friday Post!
Start!
                  


 Do not hand over the life of your dove to wild beasts;
    do not forget the lives of your afflicted people forever. Have regard for your covenant,
    because haunts of violence fill the dark places of the land. Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name.
 Rise up, O God, and defend your cause
                        (Psalm 74)



I am His turtledove, because He lives - He cares for me.
When I am downcast, caught within the valley of trembling or despair, I cry out and hide in the cleft of the Rock and rest, because He cares for me.
When I am safe and I smile, warm in the sunlight and just resting by His side, I snuggle in to His arms and say "I love You" - I am peaceful and content because He cares for me.
Because He cares for me, I can turn the pace down gently and be still, feel my heart smile and nod it is not stressed because in His presence is love and rest, all because He cares for me.

Because He cares for me, He laid down His will as He kneeled beside that heavy stone, sweating blood for the painful death that awaited Him. Praying for Gods will to be done, He laid down it all and was nailed to a bloody tree, a death I close my eyes and cannot even imagine, but a death that whispered, "I chose these nails for you" all because He cares for me.

When I wonder, and feel alone as feelings often lead us to feel, I reach out and whisper "Daddy dont be far, I always need the nearness of Your Heart" and He draws closer, draws me in and whispers "All because I care for you...."  

Stop. Linking up with Kate Motaung

No comments:

Post a Comment