Friday 3 October 2014

Embracing Sabbath's Rest

(This Picture is real! It was taken by the Hubble Telescope, if you have still not checked out the amazing Galaxies and stars that are out there, please visit the site! Hubblesite.org)

The sky smiles, it is growing excited as it slips further and further beneath the horizon.

She is not sleepy but perfect, knowing that when she bows her head this side of the Southern hemisphere, she will watch the stars take their flight and pull the canvas down.
The moon and stars will usher in the Sabbath day and then they will smile up in to the Heavenlies, masterfully fulfilling their duty for their Ultimate Master. The Sabbath day has come.

He smiles over at all of creation and thinks back to its inception. The time of its first array when there was nothing evil or a mess, nothing standing in Perfection’s Way.
Nothing at all but the perfect harmony of unity and Love that rested on all of creation in all its perfection.

My Son it is done, Sabbath has come.Call my children to its observance. 

I settle down with my heart full and ready, the candles burn their purposeful flame, they usher in the Sabbath Day. Perfect in all it’s array. The Sabbath Day.
I hold the pages of His word between my palms and recite the blessing, let Your Light illuminate my Heart. 

His eyes are flames of fire, His throne composed of stars and galaxies that keep on forming, His Hands are outstretched with Love, His Palms beat with the nail-pierced scars of His perfect Love.
I settle down to Honour Him, His perfect Law of Freedom written on my heart, I Honour Him and remember the nail pierced palms that bought my freedom. The nail pierced palms that hold me whenever I fall, when I feel I cannot go on anymore. The nail pierced palms and a life given on Calvary’s Hill, 2000 years ago that still continues to alter history and hearts irrevocably changed for eternity. 

I curl up in to His embrace, thank Him for the moon and stars and sky, all that serves Him faithfully day by day. I curl up in to the Palms of His Hand, where He holds me fast, without letting go. Those nail pierced Hands hold me and my beating heart, calling my soul to be still. These nail pierced hands reassure me still, there remains a hope of eternal rest in my years to come, not just for me but for all who would embrace Him here. I pause in to His Hands and rest, thankful that rest is not just future centred but my present – known, because of My Saviour’s Divine Nature and Heavenly ordained Sabbath day.

Hebrews 4: 9 So then, there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.
Exodus 20: 8-11  Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment