Friday 13 June 2014

Five Minute Friday: Messenger



Five minute Friday time again! : Messenger

Running the ultimate risk of being totally open on this post is absolutely huge, so here goes anyway. I totally relate to Lisa Jo’s words today and the words of Elizabeth Gilbert, with whom I have a love-hate relationship. I sit down to work on so many things sometimes and I just crash at it thinking why, why can I not seem to move one foot in front of the other. Why is this season I find myself in, so devoid of words? I am a word person and yet in this season there are no words, not just figuratively as on paper, but also literally as in no words on my lips. No words from God but just the intense sense of His quiet presence, no words for prayer which I have to confess can make one feel ashamed. However, I know there are sometimes no words, words fall silent and non-existent. There are none. While it’s disconcerting to be in this season I know it is not permanent, it’s temporary. I don’t need to make sense of it, I just need to communicate it – to say here it is, this is what it is and so come and sit next to me and let’s just be, in silence with no words because this is what it is for now. It just is...

Linking up with Lisa Jo

1 comment:

  1. Hallo, this is the third try leaving a message. I too struggled today to find words. In the end I'm allowing images to be my envoys. Actually I struggled the past few days. It's Friday, so maybe we should 'Keep Calm and Carry On' the business of relaxing the weekend.
    Patricia
    http://mojitoandme.com

    ReplyDelete