Friday 15 January 2021

FMF - View From the Porch

 Joining with Five minute Friday, for a therapeutic 5 minutes of free writing from the heart...



I remember reading the posts, humorous as they were. Tread in to 2021 lightly, look around, and don't touch anything because who knows what we will get. Now two weeks in, our humour has turned into prophecy, almost. 

 While driving home from the store today, I was thinking about the way we usually enter a new year.

By this time, people are hustling and setting those goals, working hard, planning for their dreams. It's a time to think fresh thoughts and dream new dreams and yet so much of what we face looks so much like yesteryear. I paused to pray with my weary heart, the same things tumbling over one another. My concerns for my friends, my family, concerned for my self. Always praying for safety and health. And turning to God with all these thoughts, what of today and tomorrow and these fears. The weariness of it all.

There is no voice booming down from heaven, no scripture or phone call. There's just a simple sense of Abba drawing near. Just sitting in the now beside me. Bigger than me, so I am comforted in the arms of a Giant. This discomfort remains somewhat, but these questions are safe, extended in the arms of a Giant God. Just here. With me. Looking out on to my horizon, to understand the view from my inner porch. Just here,with me....

STOP!

Linking with Five Minute Friday

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I am so glad you had such a great experience of God's closeness. FMF #28

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://wordpress.com/post/brontebrown2.com/432 Here is a post I wrote from a back porch up in the Ozark Mountains, AR
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Just here, with me..." Those are precious words, friend. Be still and know. May He bless and keep you always. Visiting from FMF#36

    ReplyDelete