Friday 12 May 2017

The moms who did not Bear - FMF

Five Minute Friday, writing for 5 unedited minutes, and it's the time I let my heart write. No head, just heart and whatever comes out, comes out, sometimes its revelation even for myself! Here goes! This weeks prompt is "mom." 


I've never incorporated the word mom in to my world, simply because I knew I did not want my own children, people find that strange. The fact that hubby and I did not want to be parents to our own children one day. But it's simple really, we love children and have a deep heart for orphans and our spiritual children, the ones we've mentored and loved over the years. We love our nieces, and aunty me over here is forever buying my 4 month old little niece all the little things I can afford (and can't afford). I love her, but mom? Not my identity and not God's either it would seem. I went in to a pre-menapausal state at the age of 29 when my body stopped producing estrogen. It was a very difficult time as hormones play such a huge role in our bodies, more then we know. And at that age and the complications I had, I had to decide on some hormone replacements or a hysterectomy. People gasped when they heard that, but hubby and I knew it was a prayerful decision we could live with. I did not have a hysterectomy and finally this body responded to different treatments and I'm all fixed up now. The part of my identity that has formed around the word mom, is simply somehow being a spiritual mama to many. I love advocating for adoptions and connecting with women that have, this comes from a deep place because Love is part of who we are as children. I have a wonderful earthly mom whom I an thankful for and many spiritual moms over the years, I am so glad for each and every single one of them, I just love them. And the women who have come and invested in my life with love, without having birthed me, they are the ones I hold closest to my heart and to my phone, when days are hard. So perhaps the spiritual moms we have do become the ones we truly value and remember, I think so.

Linking up with Kate M

2 comments:

  1. Aliyah, this is a wonderful and much-needed post. My wife had to have a hysterectomy in her early thirties, and has been a wonderful mentor and spiritual mother to those around her - both children and adults.

    The gift isn't wasted; it's glorified for God's work.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/05/your-dying-spouse-309-never-go-full.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andrew, wow I'm so blessed to hear someone who can relate to my story. I think one of the best gifts we can give, is to mentor other women adults and children. I honour your wife (and you!) and know and believe she has been a great blessing. Bless you dear friend and good to see you again!

      Delete