Sunday 6 November 2016

MeaningFull Poetry Week - Karrilee's Heart


Day 3 of our MeaningFull Poetry Week and it's a blessing  to see people interacting with the heart words of others, for poetry is an expression of our hearts.  Today I'm breathless in introducing to you a fellow blogger and believer in the "prophetic post card ministry" aka, sending cards in the mail! So without further ado, let me introduce to you Karrilee Aggett; Karrilee is a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. She is a writer, reader, pray-er, photographer, artist, beach lover, laugh seeker...serving God to the best of her ability. She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband where they are new empty nesters to their only girlie. They are also co-leaders of Dad's House, a new church plant in their hometown. She is passionate about diving in deeper with the Lord and inviting others to discover His love for them. Her life message is...Speak Life. Be Love. Shine On. Karrilee loves to share her heart and what the Lord is speaking to her over at Abiding Love, Abounding Grace.

You can connect with Karrilee on her blog, Abiding Love, Abounding Grace 

She is also all over Bossy Social Media (and clearly has a love/addicted relationship with it!) You can find her on Facebook!


 
Ready to Listen, Ready to Hear...
by Karrilee Aggett Copyright 2015

"It's Wednesday,
and I breathe in deep,
letting the morning breeze shower me
with sprinkler mist, like dew
gently refreshing and waking me
to wide-open possibilities
and an unplanned day.

Inhale.  Exhale.

I close my eyes and open my ears.
Ready to listen, ready to hear.

"Hear am I, Lord..."
...and I wait.

The chimes sing their lazy summer song
as the hazy skies remind me of smoke and of fire,
of prayers for rain and for triple digits gone.
It drops to the 80s now and I can feel it there...
--the faint hint of Fall sneaking around
in the early waking hours, floating on air.

It smells like the return of schedules, of routine,
and of pumpkin-spiced everything.
And as the seasons change,
I hold on to Rest and to Peace,
--to all that Adventure may bring.

"What would You like me to do today, Lord?"

"I'd like you to read and to write...
--to dream and not doubt!
To create art in many ways,
inside of yourself,
and then, just let it spill out!

I'd like you to bring Me with you
in your everyday living...
your washing, and folding,
and in all of your giving.

I'd like to sit with you slow,
and run with you fast,
to speak to you 
and through you
--words that give life;
words that will last.

"No," I interrupt, "specifically what would You like to do today?"

And I can't be certain, but I think I hear Him laugh.

"That's it!" He says.
"Simply take Me out wherever you go.
I'm with you always,
but sometimes you forget
that this, you already know!
Just invite Me in to all of your days!
Live this life I've given you with joy,
letting love show through in all of your ways.

Be brave, be bold... Wait for Me to Lead.
I hold your heart. I meet your needs.
Don't hesitate or fear.
I'll quiet your soul until you're ready
to Listen and to Hear.

"Beloved..." He leans in and whispers,
"I'm never far... I'm always near,
and you? Well you are ready
to listen and to hear."

It's Wednesday,
and I breathe in deep..."

Karrilee and I share a similar love, a similar inspiration, a poem written by Robert Frost called "The Road not Taken." Karrilee explains, "The reason I love this poem dates way, way, (way!) back to my early elementary school days!  I believe it was in second grade that our teacher had us memorize poems and recite them in front of the class. Now, I was a shy kid and never wanted to be called on, but there was something magical and rhythmic in speaking words so full of hope and beauty! I've always loved this piece. I was actually sitting in a workshop session with Amena Brown, talking about and practicing writing Spoken Words when I realized that ever since second grade, I have loved the spoken word! What a gift!"
 

“The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.” 
Sharing at Word of God Speak

No comments:

Post a Comment