Friday 24 July 2015

Ten to One - FMF


The youth pastor stood with papers in his hand at the front of the class and as the bell rang, the atmosphere changed. Tears clung to my eyelids, I saw myself more clearer. Ten hands flew up, my heart burst open and I wept. A leper among ten, my heart forever changed. Your joy filled my heart, what a sinner I am but set free on that day in March. Bolting to the following class, the Christian teacher let me run around shouting "Jesus saves, my life is forever changed!" 
Ten hands went up but only one stayed - me. I came back with tears of gratitude to kiss your feet and become a disciple, you hold me close forever more, my life forever changed. Not one of ten returned that day, not more then one would stay the way, the world of leprosy held their gaze, not one returning with a heart of faith. Yet here I am, forever changed, saved and re - arranged. You are my everything Yeshua, my everything. My life dissolved before that day, I was re-born at ten minutes to one on that fabulous March day all those years ago. 

Luke 17: 11 - 19
Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”
 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.
 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.
Jesus asked, “Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine?  Has no one returned to give praise to God except this foreigner?” Then he said to him, “Rise and go; your faith has made you well.”

Linking with Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment