Saturday 13 June 2015

We've come Home

Last week my parents announced that they were considering adopting another sausage dog. I say another because they already have two! This info was quite startling to me because while I grew up in a pet - loving home, my father was quite adamant that they were not getting another dog. But when my fathers friend phoned and told him the sob story about Sherie, the seven year old sausage dog, something in his heart changed. Sherie was living in a home where the newer younger puppy Boxer, was biting her and so they felt Sherie had to go. For me this is always quite sad because Sherie is already seven years old and people tend to adopy young dogs while dogs in the latter years of their lives, do struggle to find a home. Anyhow, my parents went to see Sherie, a real meet and greet. The man who homed Sherie was pretty smart in all accounts because he placed Sherie in my fathers arms as he walked in the door and instantly they bonded. Sherie went home with my parents....

After an hour of settling in and meeting the other dogs, my dad put Sherie on the bed. My mom tells me that Sherie froze for over half an hour. She was unused to the soft velvety blanket beneath her paws, she was used to sleeping outside for seven years! She was an outdoor dog and in all honesty my parents house is a pet pooch palace. Their dogs sleep in the bed, eat chicken and rice with himalayan rock salt. They have their own chairs in the lounge and often get a nice snug fire going when they are cold. After Sherie's initial shock at this fantastic new sleeping spot, my dad tucked her in under the blanket next to the pillow and guess what, Sherie has found her sleeping place for life. After intitially stealing the other dogs' food, Sherie now knows she is getting her own plate and will have the same amount of food too. she no longer has to steal because she is afraid she wont get, now she knows the people who feed her have opened their home and their hearts to her, and she is safe and treated as an equal.
 What my parents have done for Sherie (who is sleeping above!) really spoke to my own heart this week. It spoke to my heart and told me again how beautiful it is to live in the home of our King. In His house there is such love and such blessing, such favour and love. It is a completely different place and like Sherie, we ourselves have had to get used to the beauty and comfort of our Papa's palace. It also showed me how He never gives up on us, no matter how long we have lived away from Him or no matter how far someone has fallen, ther eis always place in His house. It makes me think of Romans 8, For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Tonight I am celebrating the Father's Love for me and the fact that I can lay my head down to sleep in a cosy bed filled with Love and that He gives me my daily bread in all ways. Tonight, I bow my head and say thank You Papa that You never gave up on me and thank You Papa for Sherie's life and may she be so blessed in her new heavenly home...

Sharing over at The Weekend brew
and Dance with Jesus
Sunday Stillness 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful story of our Father's love for His own. Precious! Following you at Susan's today. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, thank you! Am so glad you visited today, may you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. You are so blessed with these beautiful parents. Their hearts are big and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your story of redemption and grace. Accepting others and allowing them to become part of our lives is exactly what your parents did for Sherie. The message you shared about our own Father never giving up on us was touching. Blessed to have you at The Weekend Brew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely story and wonderful reminder of our Father's love for us! I'm visiting from #WordswithWinter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and precious story and yes, such a wonderful reminder.... Don't you love how God uses all things in our lives to show us something? :)

    Thank you for sharing this lovely post with Roses of Inspiration. I hope you join us again next week :) Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete