Monday 6 April 2015

The Man who pulled the Cross

We drove over to the burnt ground, I had to see the place where the flames had ravaged, yet forever changed my life. I had to see it. As we started our ascent up the winding, busy road, the sight that greeted us seemed peaceful. Only small signs of damage remained behind, burnt signposts and bare ground, yet a cool atmosphere of peace lay sleepily among the bushes. The cars drove by quickly yet I wondered how they could have missed the sight that sped past them. We drove looking for a place to stop but we could not find one, stopping on the pass was too dangerous. So we drove as slow as we could, to try and take it all in. Acres of land stretched and tumbled up and over the mountains. As we drove, I strained my eyes to see signs of life and there it was, among the ash that still lay on the ground. Peach flowers just pushing through, green blades of grass reminding me of ressurected life. Reminding me of Life and Hope, reminding me not to give up not to give in, reminding me that it's never the end, even when its painful or burnt. There was such a sense of peace that hung over the land, such a sense of peace despite the trauma of fire just three weeks ago. I wanted to run in to those bushes, on to that ground and get lost with the beauty all around, with the life that moved atop the ground, I wanted to get lost in it. Burnt, it seemed to carry hope.

Then there at the bottom of the pass, we found a place and stopped. Just then I looked to my right and marvelled at God's perfect timing. A man I had met three years ago in a mall when I needed a reminder of Gods Love, a man who walks around Cape Town pulling a wooden cross, there he started the journey up that pass. There he walked slowly with a t-shirt on saying "He is Risen." There he started the journey pulling that cross up that path. A visual reminder of God's perfect peace, a visual reminder to the speeding cars to slow down and look what God can do for our burnt ground. I watched him pull the cross slowly up the road, slowly without a word, his action just whispering enough for God to be heard. A reminder of God's Perfect Love for everyone, a reminder on that day of God's undying Love for me. 


 How amazing is God's timing, how perfect is all of His ways. The ground may be burnt, it may seem as though there is no way out, but even as we walk across the sand there is a Man who goes before us, travailing for us across the burnt sand. His name is Yeshua, the eternal King, Messiah of All, the Suffering King and how I love You sweet Papa, Abba King. Thank You for walking with me across the sand, thank You for all You have done for me and all You keep on doing, I love You!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I just loved reading this. It truly warmed my heart. Thank you so much for sharing this! Glad to be your neighbor from Sunday Stillness Linkup! Infinite blessings to you, Love! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just loved reading this. It truly warmed my heart. Thank you so much for sharing! Glad to be your neighbor from Sunday Stillness Linkup! Infinite blessings to you, Love! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful! And you are so correct - God's timing IS Amazing - almost as wonderful as He. Thank you for linking up at Motivate and Rejuvenate Mondays!

    ReplyDelete