Monday 21 April 2014

Five Minute Friday Post - Glue

Okay, so this week I decided to link up with the Five Minute Friday people and do their five minute challenge on a one word prompt. The Challenge is to write for five minutes non stop, no grammar checks, nadah! The prompt for this past week is Glue... Here is my link up! 
               ________________________________________________________________
Somedays my hubby is the glue that holds me. The hug that helps me find my little pieces, so that I can get them back together again – like a child that has thrown the puzzle pieces across the floor and needs to put them all back in the box because they went too far. My hubbys hug is the glue  that keeps me sane sometimes. The cold glue that eases off my skin. The glue of God, that was given to me when I cannot physically feel the Love of God. He is the glue that helps press me back in to my moulded form, the me that I am. The tendency is to feel bad but then I realised that it is a lie, because that’s what our relationship is about – its about sticking one another back together again, with the intimate glue of devoted, righteous, holy, heavenly love. That’s what its all about. The glue. It keeps me together, keeps me going on and coming back to me. I put my hands together in silent prayer and say thank you... that God came and showed me love in the person I call mine...

4 comments:

  1. Hey Five Minute Friday neighbour!
    I loved your post! I totally resonated with it, especially today. I've had a rough day and my best friend held me up by praying for me and checking in on me to find out how I was doing. Thank God for the men He puts in our lives! They are the physical and tangible expressions of His love. I pray the love God gives the two of you will continue to hold you together forever. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Felista - thank you so much for your comment and blessed words that just hold my heart everytime I read them. Your note of encouragement just came at the right time. I understand you are from Kenya - I am from South Africa, woohooo hows that girls connecting across the continent! May Father bless you and may you keep abiding in His Love. Aliyah

      Delete
  2. Great thoughts!! Sticking back to the original moulded form - very nice. Thanks for writing with FMF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jen - thanks, I recently found FMF and must say I an thoroughly enjoying it. I am a journalist and am always writing for magazines etc on the issues close to my hear but I can never articulate what I really want to because its for a magazine! Thats why blogging and FMF - its awesome!

      Delete